We decided that since Mia did a great job with her first set of puppies we would breed her again. What an adventure! She had five puppies this time. Two girls and three boys. The first time Mia had her puppies through the night and we didn't even know until we woke up the next morning. This time Mia started having her puppies around 9:30 pm. And of course she went into labor when it was Fathers and Sons and me and Emma were alone. Emma and I were having a fun girls night...going out to eat dinner and watching a movie. When it was time for bed Emma wanted to go in and say goodnight to Mia. That is when we discovered that Mia was in labor. She had already had two puppies and one was still in it's sack. Mia wasn't doing anything with that puppy. Panic mode sets in....'what am I supposed to do now'? So I call my FIL and get the scoop. I had to rip her out of her sack and cut her cord. Then I sucked stuff out of her throat and blew in her nose and mouth. Then got her warm with a hair dryer and rubber her with a towel. It was amazing! After I got her going and put her in the box with her mom she was moving around. Mia had three more puppies that Emma and I watched being born. What a girls night in! All five puppies survived and were darling! And since I am way behind on my blog....they are old enough to have found new homes. I figured I would still blog about them since like it or not (sometimes) Mia is still a part of the family. This will be the last set of puppies since Mia is scheduled for her surgery this Friday.

This was Santa Paws...because of the beard.

Hannah and Spike.

Little Miley...who was the little runt I had to save.
No comments:
Post a Comment