Our primary did a fun Pioneer Day celebration this year.. It was loaded with fun activities and games for the kids to do. We have a fabulous primary presidency (and I'm not biased since I am in the presidency...I was thinking more along the lines of the president and the couselors) that have loads of great ideas! Some of the activities were... laundry play where the kids got to scrub the clothes on a wash board (thank goodness for washing machines!) and then hang them on the line to dry, digging for potatoes and panning for gold (pennies really). The kids loved those ones and there were some kids that just dug in the dirt all morning. There was also horseshoes...which I couldn't get Caleb away from, wheat grinding...who knew the wheat grinder that I've had all these years actually worked, tin punching, rag doll making and butter making. After the activities came the fun games...three legged race, sack race, tug-o-war and the stick pull. Then to top it all off we had a bike/scooter parade led by a very brave member of the bishopric on his motorcycle. So cute and so fun! The day was even more fun since we had our good friends the Watsons come to visit. They just got in the night before. It was so good to see them!

Emma and Raegan

Caleb digging for 'gold'.

Lindsey helping Emma and Raegan with their tin punching.

Caleb playing horseshoes. I think he challenged everyone.

Making rag dolls.

How cute!

Doing laundry the old fashioned way.

Caleb making butter.

Go, Caleb, go!

Emma giving it her all.

Emma having a go at the three legged race with a friend.

Caleb and his good friend Jack. They were hilarious!

Tug-o-war time. Girls against boys...you go girls!

Starting the parade.
No comments:
Post a Comment