A couple of days ago I get a phone call from the kids school saying that Scott would be receiving the Citizen of the Month Award on Thursday morning. This award is awarded to one student from each class once a month. Before now Joshua has been the only one to get this award when he was in the 1st grade. You have to work really hard in class and do really well to get this award. All of Scott's hard work has finally paid off! Of course this is a secret and we weren't supposed to tell Scott that he was getting this. So we show up to the school this morning and the parents are all brought in last. The students are already in the gym, grades 1-8, and they aren't supposed to sneak a look at the parents coming in. Scott said he had no idea that it was going to be him. I asked him if he looked around when all the parents came in and he said no, the teachers told them to look straight ahead. I guess he didn't sneak a peek. I would've been totally looking!!! Good for Scott...we are really proud of him!

Scott getting his award from the principle...Dr. Sanders

Now he gets to stand up at the front with everyone staring at him while the awards are finished being given out. Poor guy!

When everything was all done we went outside to leave and there was Scott with two of his classmates hanging the American flag for the day. How fun is that! So I got to get pics of him doing that too!
No comments:
Post a Comment