Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Emma Gets Her Ears Pierced




While the boys were at their Fathers and Sons campout, Emma and I went out for a fun girls night. First we went to see the Hannah Montana movie which was kinda cute. Afterwards we went to Clair's to get Emma's ears pierced. Now I just have to start be saying that it was not my idea to get her ears done, it was Scott's. I guess he thought that since she turned eight that it was time to get them done. And Emma thought it was a good idea too. So I got to take her. Anyway...when Emma first gets into the chair I could tell that it just wasn't a good idea to be there...she gets really nervous. And of course there is only one lady there. You know what that means! Yep only one ear at a time. So the first ear gets done. That's when the screams and tears start and last for about 30 minutes. What a patient lady who was doing the piercing. Mom on the other hand not so much. I was ready to walk out the door with only one ear done. It was quite embarassing. All these people were walking passed in the mall. They were all probably thinking 'what a terrible mom, making her daughter get her ears done'. Again I remind you it was not my idea in the first place! Emma did not want to get the second one done, but also did not want to leave with only one done. So what do you do with that?!?! After she finally calmed down she reluctantly let the lady do the other ear. Whew...it's over! Afterwards we shopped a little in the store and then went to Applebee's for dinner. Emma does look cute with her ears pierced!

No comments: