Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Temple Square

Friends of ours adopted a baby about ten weeks ago. The adoption is final now, so this past week-end they got the baby sealed to them in the Salt Lake Temple. We went down as a family. Luckily there was someone that watched the kids in the waiting area in the Temple so both Scott and I could attend the sealing. It was such a nice sealing. Afterwards we took our kids around Temple square to look at the temple and monuments. It is such a beautiful temple and the grounds are just peaceful. Emma loved watching the brides coming and going. It was a nice afternoon.


Mom and the kids at the doors of the temple. They are huge, but beautiful, doors.


While we were walking around I spotted this tree and thought 'what a great place for a picture'. It was kinda low and one of the branches looked kinda like a seat. So I told the kids to go sit in the tree. As they were walking over to pose for the shot, Scottie so nicely pointed out that there was a sign clearly stating that you are not to sit in the tree. Luckily the kids are more observant than their mom.


Scott pointing out the sign. You can tell he is proud of himself.


Caleb studying the monument of Joseph Smith.



Pretty Emma surrounded by some of the beautiful flowers that are everywhere.


Sweet Joshua.


Dad telling the boys about Hyrum Smith. I think he is trying to teach them brotherly loyalty.


Trying to get a shot of the Temple with dad and the kids in it too.


This was a big hit. We just had to go into the visitors center so Joshua could ride up and down the escalator.


Such a beautiful building.

1 comment:

Stuck on U said...

I love the Salt Lake Temple. It is so pretty, glad you had a good time!