I love this time of year. Christmas is probably my favorite holiday. I love that the kids are excited about Christmas too. This past family home evening we decorated the Christmas tree. I always put up the tree and put the lights on during the day so we don't have to waste time doing that during FHE. I'm not very smart to put the lights on before plugging them in...a mistake I make every year but don't reap the consequences. This year was a whole different story. After putting the lights on and plugging them in I discovered the top strand (of course the top one) didn't light up all the way...just one color. After fiddling with it for a couple of minutes I got two other colors to work. Just the red lights don't light up. After unplugging every red bulb to discover none of them have blown I gave up. I don't care that there are no red lights on the top!!! Anyways....so the kids had a blast putting the ornaments on the tree. We don't have lovely organized, cutsy ornaments. It's just a bunch of ornaments that I love. Lots are from Scott's aunt that she has handmade for each of us every year...those are our faves! The kids rush to find their own ornament with their name on them to put them on. It is hard for me not to control the putting on of the ornaments. I do however move some around when they are done if there are too many clumped together and fill in where there isn't any. That's okay right?!?! We also blast Christmas music while we decorate...love it! The only fuddy duddy in the family is dad who while we are decorating is posting on his facebook that it was too early for a Christmas tree. Bah humbug! He did at least put on his ornaments.

Emma dancing away.

Scott...don't know what that side glance is about.

Caleb went as fast as he could so he can try to get the most ornaments on.

Joshua being silly.
1 comment:
I love it!
Post a Comment