Monday, April 19, 2010

Emma Turned Nine

A week ago Emma had her ninth birthday. She got a surprise when she got home. Her birthday present from mom was a pink room. When we moved into the house I painted her room a pretty, bright green and then she had pink accents. Emma liked it, but has always wanted a pink room. So I painted all day...I thought I could get the room painted and set up before she got home from school but no such luck. Emma was very surprised and excited to have a pink room. I also got fabric and made her a twin quilt to go with the pink room. Her quilt is finally done. It was actually very easy and only took me a few hours to piece. A friend of mine took it to a quilt store and long armed it for me...it looks amazing. Emma loves it! I will have to take pictures of her room and quilt when the room is all done...still working on the decorating. Emma decided that she wanted Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner so that's what we had. Unfortunately she had a bad headache before dinner. After we coaxed her to take something for her headache she felt much better. We had Grammy, Grandpa and Aunt Natalie over for some cake. I think Emma had a nice birthday.







No comments: