Pregnant Mia

Newly born.
Poor Mia has been so miserable lately. She got so hugely pregnant it was ridiculous. Yesterday Scott took the boys to a Father's & Son's campout so it was girls night for me and Emma. We got a redbox movie, Emma's pick, and got Panda Express...yummy! After the movie was over it was time for Emma to get ready for bed. We went in to see how Mia was doing and she had already had two puppies. We didn't know that she was in labor. Unfortunately one of the puppies was still in its sack and Mia wasn't doing anything for her. So I called my FIL to figure out what I was supposed to do. I had to rip open the sack and tie off (thanks to the advise of a good neighbor) the ambilical cord and then cut it. Then I used a small medicine dropper to try and get fluid out of throat and dried her nose. Rubbed and rubbed her and dried/warmed her with a hair dryer. It worked!!!!! I was so excited that I got this little puppy going. Oh and I have to say it was with lots of prayer as well. Both me and Emma were praying hard that this puppy would make it. The rest of the night went well. Mia ended up having 3 boys and 2 girls. She did really well with the rest of her puppies. Emma was there for the last three births as well. I told her if it grossed her out that she didn't have to watch. She was the biggest cheerleader. When Mia was pushing, Emma was saying 'Go, Mia, Go...push!' So cute! Besides the ordeal with the first puppy, Mia did good. This morning they all seem happy and content. Mia has already been carried out of her box to get a good breakfast, go potty, get a bath, and get new bedding. Oh the joy of new life!




1 comment:
congrats on your new role as "doggie duela!" Have fun with the new pups!
Post a Comment