My father-in-law wanted to get us on the water for some fun before the kids started school. Last family night we went out to Lake Lowell. It was such a nice night for it...or so we thought! But we'll get back to that. We had to wait a bit for the 'police' (are they real police officers down there?) to go through the safety check list before we could head out to have fun. Finally we were out. Dad was the first one on the water to go tubing. He had a blast and grandpa always goes really fast for him. Scottie was the next one to go and then Joshua. Dad and the boys were really going hard trying to get me to go out there. So my mother-in-law decided to have a go in the hopes, I think, to get me to go next. It didn't work. I wanted to go, but was chickening out. So Scott had another go and so did Joshua. Emma and Caleb would have nothing to do with going out on the tube. Caleb had done it a couple of years ago with dad and had fun, but he did not want to do it again. So after a bit I was daring enough to get out there with the promise that they wouldn't go too fast and I didn't have to do it for very long. Yes I know I am a wimp! But I did do it and it was fun! Except I kept sliding off....next time I have to make sure I am on higher before I start. Yes I said there could possibly be a next time. Everyone was done having a go with tubing and dad wanted to have a go at water skiing. It took him a few tries to get up...his ski kept falling off. But he finally got up and had a blast. When he was done skiing grandpa was going to park the boat and let the kids jump out and swim, but by that time the kids had had enough. And the sky was not looking too pretty. Off in the distance we could see lighting. Where we were it wasn't so bad. But then we turned the boat around to go back to the dock and noticed that the sky was really dark and the wind was kicking up. The closer we got to the dock the more choppy the water got. We had a hard time getting the boat parked at the dock since the waves, yes waves on a lake, were really powerful. It was kinda scary and intense. So we hurried and got the kids off the boat and into the van out of the strong wind. The boats was slamming into the dock pretty hard. The police officers told everyone to wait out the storm to get the boats out of the water. My father-in-law wanted to get his boat out of there since it was getting slammed pretty bad. He got his trailer and with the help of lots of people they got it off the water. Then Scott and Bob stayed to help other people try to keep their boats from hitting the dock. The wind was really bad and the water was really crazy. Luckily we got off and everyone else did too finally without anyone getting hurt. Crazy time! But fun until the storm.

Waiting for the security/safety checks to be over so we can get on the water.

Emma thought her doggie need to come boating.

Scott looking all tough.

Dad and Joshua.

Finally on the water!

Dad had to be the first one on the water...no one else wanted to be first.

Scott having a go.

Caleb content with staying on the boat and watching everyone else on the tube.

Joshua trying to stand.

Having fun!

Dad being crazy.

Grandma having a blast.

Me actually having a go.

Dad waiting to go skiing.
Wipe out!

Finally up and having fun!

The water on the lake during the storm. There aren't supposed to be waves on a lake!!! CRAZY! This picture really doesn't capture how bad it really was.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! Looks like so much fun! We used to go to Lake Powell every summer when we were growing up. LOVE IT!
Post a Comment