Monday, October 13, 2008

Accomplishment



I am soooo excited to have at least these two quilts done. The first quilt I am making two of and will be for Scott and Joshua. The other one is Caleb's quilt. His is of course a cowboy quilt. I took a beginners quilting class in January. It was tons of fun. I went with a friend across the street. I am so glad that she signed up because that's how I found out about it. I have wanted to learn how to quilt for forever! My friend is such a good quilter and has taught me a lot! She just had to come over last week and re-teach me how to bind. What a good friend! I have started a few quilts but have never gotten them quilted or bound. I decided that I wanted to make my kids a quilt for Christmas. With each quilt that I have done Joshua has asked when I was going to make him a quilt...sweet boy! Little does he know that he will be getting one! It has been so much fun. I am really trying not to be scared to finish a quilt. The easy (sorta) part for me is the cutting and sewing the tops. The scary part is quilting them. Now that I have bound two quilts I have realized that I enjoy doing that part as well. My quilts may not be perfect but they are done and I made them! YEY!

2 comments:

smdc said...

Beautiful! Good job! Just remember to take your quilts one step at a time! Eventually, they get done!

Janna said...

I wish I could quilt like that! Great job