Saturday, October 25, 2008

Scott's 1st Game






I don't what I was thinking, but I signed Scott up for the fall league in basketball. And of course the league started right after football ended. Luckily there are only 2 practices a week and a game on Saturdays. This was Scott's first game. We are having an issue with this team. There are eight players, but three of them are still in football for two more weeks. This means that only five players for those weeks. There are to be five players on the court at all times. Your know what that means...they play the whole game, 40 minutes. Today there were only three official team players. We snuck a friend on the court, but we were still one short. So we got permission to have a sibling play the game so they wouldn't forefit. I was worried about the boys playing for so long. They were tired, but they played awesome! Scott is used to playing on a team where the boys are as small or smaller. Most of the other boys are taller than him. Scott played really well and made four baskets and got quite a few rebounds. We won by eight. Not bad for a team of five. Dad Scott got roped into coaching this team. He's not too happy since he said that he could only help out because he has to travel with work. No one else would coach so Scott is it. He is out of town so had to miss this game. Oh well...he's good at coaching and loves basketball. He'll do great. And I think Scottie likes having his dad as coach. Oh...Scott's team is the maroon team. They are the 'Heat'. Scott would rather them be the Lakers, but that was taken. You get what you are given. Scott is the one in the silver shorts.

No comments: