Saturday, December 27, 2008

Finally Finished


Scott's blanket.


Emma's quilt.

These were the last two blankets that I needed to make for Christmas. I made Scott's on Christmas eve morning and finished the binding for Emma's quilt Christmas eve after I finished Scott's. Talk about waiting 'til the last second. I was actually stressed about quilting Emma's quilt. I haven't done anything but straight lines. The boys' quilts have stars in the borders, but hey they are still straight lines. Emma's quilt is cutesy with big blocks so I wanted something quilted that was cute. I finally just did it. I quilted big flowers in the blocks and the sashing and borders are quilted with wavy lines. It turned out pretty cute and Emma loves her quilt. That's what matters most.

Since we bought a family gift this year Scott and I decided that we would just spend about $20 on each other on something meaningful. I decided to make Scott a blanket. I would've made him a quilt if I wasn't going crazy making everyone else one. Plus that would've been more than $20, not that he's not worth it! :) So, my friend had made a rag quilt but had done long strips instead of cutting a bunch of squares. I thought it looked really nice, so I decided that's what I would make Scott. I think it turned out pretty good except for the one mistake I made. The rows are supposed to be alternating and I messed up on one. If I don't point it out to Scott he will never know! I was so rushed that day (and sick) I just couldn't pick it out and re-do it. Oh, well...it's done!

1 comment:

Moore4jess said...

Gorgeous Quilts!:) And thanks about the jewelry.