Saturday, December 27, 2008
Christmas Morning
This year we decided to get a family gift. I actually talked Scott into getting a Wii. He has been against getting a game system for the family since he thought that our kids would just get addicted. Which they probably still will! My big push was that at least with a Wii the kids would be up and moving around. Plus our kids just go off to friends houses and play their Wii. Now friends can come here as well and play Wii. We just need to set rules and limits!
Anyways...I love watching the kids open their presents. There wasn't a lot to open since we got them the Wii, but they still had fun. Caleb got his cowboy hat from Santa, which he was so excited. Emma got two Hannah Montana barbies from Santa, which she was a little disappointed since she asked him for a DS. When she saw Caleb's hat she thought Santa definitely brought the DS. I just explained that Santa knew that we were getting a Wii for them and didn't want to overload the electronics. Santa is so smart! All the kids loved their quilts. They have dragged them everywhere they go around the house. Joshua can't stop thanking me for his quilt. It actually feels really nice to see the quilts getting used. The kids each got pajamas as well. They get a pair every year and that's usually the gift they open on Christmas eve so when they wake up on Christmas morning they have on their new jammies. They've totally caught on and were asking on Christmas eve when they were going to open their pajamas. I hadn't wrapped presents yet so I just went in and got them. They were still surprised and happy. Caleb's of course were cowboy jammies. We saved the Wii for the last present and let them all open it together. They were really surprised and so excited. I was excited for this present since the kids would never have guess that they would get a Wii. But then a couple days before Christmas, Joshua went in where I was hiding the presents and saw the Guitar Hero that I got. He got all excited and told everyone else that we bought a Wii. Quick thinking dad told them that we were just keeping that here for some friends and we were hiding it from them because they would spoil the surprise. I was pretty sad that they almost ruined the surprise!
We had Grandma, Grandpa and Natalie over for dinner. It was so yummy! After dinner Scott and Joshua opened their gift from Grandpa. He brought them a 22 and a pellet gun. Now mom is not too thrilled about the boys having guns and not very thrilled that grandpa didn't talk to us about it first. But the guns were Great-Grandpa's and that makes it a little more special. They are locked away from little hands so I feel safe. Afterwards Scott and dad watched the Laker game and everyone else watched Kung Fu Panda. Then we got together to play Wii. We all bowled. It was so much fun. Even dad gets a great laugh out of it. I think he'll have as much fun as the kids. My arm is actually sore from playing Christmas night and then yesterday. All in all it was a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Merry Christmas! We got the Wii a few months ago and I love it too... you have to get the Wii Fit! It works you out good. Oh and your kids will love the Carnival Games one.
Hey, ya i totally remember you guys! You had a few less kids then, but ya. Everyone's all grown up. That's so crazy. Thanks about being married. I love it and we love living in Cody, WY. My husbands working at the hospital and is working towards becoming a Nurse.
We've been married a little over a year now. CRAZY how time flies! Hopefully in the next year or so we'll have a kid. Weird huh:) I keep my blog pretty well posted...mostly with pictures. :) And I'll have to look at your blog to see what's new with you all more often! Take Care, Good to hear from you!
Jess
Post a Comment